Friday, December 25, 2009

The Chronicles of the Phantom of the Opera Trip

*Originally Posted April, 2006*


Hello to all! Well, to start off...For those of you who didn't know, I got see the Broadway tour of "Phantom of the Opera" yesterday in Dallas...with that ground work laid lets dive in to the trip...


The Trip There:

So we started our day off by picking Krista (my brother's girlfriend) up at her house. Next, we decided that we were hungry and needed something to eat, so we stopped at Braums for some chow... Now I know what you're thinking, "Man, this is pretty boring...why the crap would I want to read about a boring trip?"...and right you are. That's why courtesy of Caleb (my brother) things got interesting... First we waited for what seemed like 30 minutes in the Braums drive-thru... Oh, wait IT WAS 30 MINUTES! Anyway, shortly after receiving our food and drinks, which almost all of us ordered stuff that wouldn't mess up our clothes (if we dropped them), the unthinkable happened... Caleb spills almost his entire chocolate milk on his tan-ish, white pants... I'm telling it looked like he had uncontrollable explosive diarrhea! But on the front... so I guess it did a u-turn, or something like that. Whatever. Needless to say I felt for the guy. So we went to Target and got him some new pants... And yes, he had to walk through the store that way... Finally we make it to the theatre!


The Show:

The show was good, really good even. Not great, but really good. What can I say, I love the movie! But I will say it might have been better if there wasn't a baby in the freakin' theatre though! I'm telling you how stupid can people get... I can see it now, "Hey, lets just bring the baby, you don't think anyone will care do you?" Just do us all a favor, if you're going to have children... Don't bring them in the freakin' theatre, and let them cry!!...*ahem*... I'm better now.


The Trip Back:

Alright, so we started our journey home... I was really tired because I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before, as such my eyes stung when they had to stay open. But since I'm the compass of the troop, I had to navigate us back to the straight and narrow. Just one little snaf-foo happened. Caleb had to use the facilities, like a mo-fo. So, we looked for a place to exit... When my mom finally decided to choose an exit, she did so in the bad part of town. So Caleb's only choice was a Churches Chicken (Yep, now you know the part of town alright). He dashed inside, and dashed back... with a new appreciation for port-a-potties! j/k Anyway, we decide to stop at Dairy Queen for some food, and of course ice cream! There was just one little problem... it seemed like for every order you had, you could multiply that by 5 min per order and that's how long it took to get the darn thing. So needless to say the DQ trip took a wee bit longer then we thought it would. Finally we made it back... I came into my apartment, and I'd like to tell you I crashed, but no. I watched some TV, ate some chips, then crashed! Ha! Thought you knew me so well... j/k. Well, check for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment