Thursday, December 17, 2009

Events of Gibberish in the Life of Ben

*Originally Posted February, 2006*

Hello to all, I hope this post finds you doing well, or close to well....or not dead (you should be one of those). So it would seem that my life has been somewhat full this week. Full of stuff, things...events some might even call them. It all started with the fateful death of my little cell phone and went on down from there... You see my phone died on the 28th of Jan., but I wasn't eligible for a new phone until Feb. 1st... So I had to rough it without communication to the outside world for what seemed like 10 years... Now I know what the Dark Ages were like...people talking into paper cups with string attached to the end of another paper cup. And you're all like...that's really awesome I can sort of hear you, but in reality it sucks and all you hear is a sound that somewhat sounds like Scooby-Doo...."Rye rink rhis is rwesome, rye can rear you"...yep, it must of been tragic times alright.

Anyways, after the few days without a cell phone I went to a cell phone place, and got a phone... boy do I love to spend money on cell phones(he says sarcastically). I hate cell phone companies. So after dropping a considerable amount of dough at the cell phone place I went to get the oil changed in my car. I had a coupon so it was a good deal (yes, I finally remembered to use one of those darn coupons that I'm always buying from people, boo-ya for me!). But I should have known that the spending money part of my day was far from over. When I got back to pick up my car they said that a belt of importance was going to break soon, and would take other stuff of importance with it when it went. Oh, and would most likely leave me stranded where I was. Well, when you put it that way I better fix it... So there went more dough... a lot more dough. I think I was on the verge of shooting someone. So I came home and did the next best thing... killed people online. (in a game, for those of you who got that worried look on your face as you read that last sentence) Thus ending what seemed like a day straight from Hell...

Then the weekend came... After dealing with customers that treat you worse than the gum on their shoe, and bosses that are self-centered... and more of that other stuff I said... the weekend finally came upon me. It started last night, and pretty much ended there too, but whatever. Anyway, so I went over to Tim and Jesse's house with a junk load of people to watch a movie. We ended up watching "Just Like Heaven" with Reese Witherspoon, some dude and Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) it wasn't bad...I mean Jon Heder was funny... So ya, good times? Still working on that...

So today I originally had requested off, but ye ole' Starbucks didn't let me have it off, so I gave my shift away. Then like an idiot I took someone else's shift in an earlier time... stupid, stupid, stupid! Head... hit... keyboard. So it started with me teaching a girl that's been there 6 weeks to do the bar... Which she should have already learned... a long time ago! So I'm just standing there painfully watching her try to do bar... and teaching her. Then of course we get swamped, I take over get us caught up, then we try again. She finally gets the hang of it... and the peasants rejoiced... big time.

So finally I ask the boss on duty if I could go. Just when I was about to till out and go home, the girl I had been training gets sick and starts throwing up, or tossing her cookies, bowing to the white throne... or whatever you want to call it. Then within two minutes of that, the guy that was supposed to be there in like 3 minutes calls and says he'll be late! So... 30 min later I finally get to till out and leave, but wait! The boss that finally gave me release to go is counting his till! So why don't I wait some more!!! I don't have a life, really! I mean for the love of donuts. Anyway I finally got to leave, and now I hope that my weekend will take a turn for the better with Ali's Super Bowl Party tonight... well, ok...until next time...bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment