Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do I Smell Something Burning?

*Originally Posted March, 2006*

A pleasant hello to everyone who reads this! And the good ol' double duce to everyone who doesn't... Any-hoo, it would seem like it's been a while since I posted on here. But there are reasons, good reasons... The biggest of which is my computer. What the crap is he talking about you might be saying... well, my computer blew up! no joke.

While watching my Seinfeld Season 4 DVD (shameless plug) I heard a BOOM! I paused the DVD and walked over to my computer. I tried to turn it back on... nothing. What had happened was the power supply to the computer decided it had lived long enough, and wanted to kick the bucket... if power supplies can kick the bucket. The BOOM was it dying. That was followed by some smoke, and a burning smell... not good. So my computer lay there, lifeless... I almost shed a tear, but then realized that this was going to cost money to fix... so I started to ball! I quickly unscrewed the side and took a look inside... it was dead alright. Me being a tech savvy guy, tracked it down to being one of two things... One: Just the power supply had fried, and I needed a new one, or Two: The power supply, and the motherboard were both fried, and my computer was a big paper weight. Obviously I was routing for number one!

So today I went to Comp USA and bought a new power supply, and installed it. I pushed the button... nothing. I looked at the back..."Hmm...what's this? A new power switch on the back? Let me switch it on" so I did, and my computer came to life! It was beautiful, really. Well, I just wanted to update and get back in the swing of things, so check back for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment