Thursday, December 17, 2009

Haystax, Poker, and Lack of Sleep

*Originally Posted in January, 2006*


Alrighty then, so I started off my weekend by going to a birthday party for Kelsi (a girl I know from my old church) who turned 25. Fun was had by all, especially when a certain 5 guys...*ahem*, including me...gave a "special presentation" for her...don't ask...I mean you can, but I probably won't tell you. Somewhere in here the night came to an end, the girls left, and us, the guys... played. Nintendo... For a long time. After all of us were tuckered out from playing Game Cube we tried to get some shut eye.

My friend, Brady, and I ended up talking while the others slept. We talked....and talked....and we talked some more. I tried not to doze off while we were talking on subjects of interest to us all, although I fear I might have once or twice. Finally the sun rose...and yes, we were still talking. We talked until 8 am and then were overcome with sweet slumber....until 10:15 am. Yes, we slept a whopping 2 hours and 15 min...yay for us. After I regained conciseness Tim (another friend of mine) made oatmeal with toast for us. I guess oatmeal and toast go together... He said, "It's good! Try some."...So I had some... Shortly there after decided that left over cake was the way to go for breakfast. Then I left...and came home to clean for the poker night.

After cleaning ye ole' house for the upcoming poker event I went to my brother's b-ball game. It was much like last week except the kids on the other team were jerks. That's right if you're reading this and you played on the other team... you, and I mean YOU were a jerk...face. The officials seemed to have a bias against our team, and one of them seemed to be coaching the other team... So, I decided to talk to the one ref after the game...which I did. While I stepped up to him to give my commentation I realized that the fellow was rather huge, and could kill me easily. So as well as I can on here I will reenact the moment...

Ben: "Excuse me, are you the coach of the other team?"

Ref: "No, I'm the ref."

Ben: "So you're not the coach of the other team though?"

Ref: "No, I'm just the ref."

Ben: "Oh, well...then, keep reffing... ref."

Call me what you want, but I got the heck out of dodge.

As for poker night, it was fun. I lost... at times it seemed un-orderly... I lost. Jay and Kyle Anne brought the new intern Jared and introduced him to everyone... and I lost. But it was still a fun night none-the-less. Ali and Caleb ended up splitting the pot at the end of the night, and me....I lost. Well, that does it for now... Check back for more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment