Saturday, December 19, 2009

The "Special Edition" Valentine's Day Blog

*Editor's Note*

Originally posted the day before Valentine's Day 2006, this blog of awesomeness was somehow unintentionally deleted (over two years ago) from the recesses of MySpace never to be seen again...until now. This classic that "started it all" (for the Valentine's Day blogs) was the first Valentine's Day piece written for humans to feast upon, and chuckle at their own singleness...I'm sure of it. Now somehow digitally remastered, it can now be viewed in its full 1080p glory. So here is your chance to read the blog, that hundreds have called "a blog about Valentine's Day" for yourself. I now give you the one, the only...the original, "Special Edition" Valentine's Day Blog" from 2006.
____________________________________________________________________


Actually, unlike the title says, there is absolutely nothing "special edition" about this blog. I just put it in there to make all of you single people feel better on Valentine's Day...if you feel better, it worked...if you don't...you don't. and nothing I can do is going to change that, so why should I even try?...*ahem* Well, ok... I'll try.


So here it is...Valentine's Day. Doesn't feel any different then any other day... I mean the sun is shining, the birds are singing... people are still cutting me off on the roads. Yep, love is definitely in the air. So just yesterday I was in the mall when I happened to glance at two guys that appeared to be about 14 or 15 years old in the food court... I mean there's nothing unusual about two 14 or 15 year old guys being in the food court, right? But there is something a bit disturbing about them both holding Victoria's Secret bags. I mean I wonder what was on their perverted little minds... because I'm guessing it wasn't perfume in those bags... Anyways, let's not go there.

So you might be asking yourself, what can I do? I have no Valentine... Well, there's no need to fret! For I have compiled a list of 10 things you can do on this Valentine's Day ...all original too! (as in I made them up...I didn't get them off a forward or something like that)...and here they are!



You Could:



1. If you're not single, and don't have a date with your bf/gf...spy on them to see if they're cheating on you...which will get you single really quick (if they are, or aren't cheating), then you can look at the other nine of these!

2. Watch your favorite movie with your best friend. (aww)

3. Read a book...because reading will help keep your mind off of it being Valentine's Day ... as long as the book isn't about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness...If it is, then you're screwed.

4. Watch your favorite movie with an alright friend or friends (because your best friend has a bf/gf, and isn't a loser like you)

5. Live in the past and pour over old pictures of ex bf/gf's and be like... Now that was a good Valentine's Day.

6. Ask a complete stranger off the streets, who looks like a nice person, to watch your favorite movie with you... (because ALL of your friends have a bf/gf, and aren't losers like you)

7. Call a 1-900 number, or one of those singles hot-lines... because chatting with someone on Valentine's Day at least makes you feel better...right? (like you're ever going to get to talk to a guy or a girl that looks like the one on the commercials)

8. Watch a movie that you hate with a complete stranger you met in like Wal-Mart... It's not like you're going to be watching the movie anyway... I mean it's Valentine's Day, dang it, and you want some action!

9. Take a machine gun, and go around the city blowing the crap out of people, because you're single on Valentine's Day, and not happy about it! (I don't suggest this one)

10. Kill yourself. (I don't suggest this one either)



Well, there it is the "Special Edition" Valentine's Day blog...do with it as you will...and try to have a Happy Valentine's Day...just not too happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment